Credit Repair and You
You may be wondering what credit repair can do for you. For starters, we will go over your credit report line by line to ensure there are no mistakes. If there are errors in your report, we will dispute them with the creditors for you. As for managing your current debt, we will teach you the best methods to boost your credit scores as quickly as possible and live with minimal debt in the future.
- Pay all your bills on time: Focus on never missing a payment from this point forward. Recent late payments have more negative affect on your credit scores.
- Follow the 20 percent rule: With all revolving credit, cut down your balance to less than 20 percent of your card’s limit as soon as possible. If you have a credit card with a $10,000 limit, make sure the balance being carried over is less than $2,000.
- Maintain two revolving credit cards: If you cannot get an unsecured credit card, have at least two secured credit cards for building credit.
- Close all your accounts: To build good credit you will need open credit accounts.
- Have consumer debt: Having furniture and clothing store credit card debt reduces your credit score faster than a mainstream credit card. Pay these debts off first and stop using these cards.